La Botte Piccola Wine Company, Inc. (ï¿½Companyï¿½) is committed to protecting your privacy. This privacy statement explains data collection and use practices of the piccolawine.com website (the ï¿½Siteï¿½).ï¿½ By accessing the Site, you are consenting to the information collection and use practices described in this privacy statement.
Collection of your Personal Information
Company may ask you for information that personally identifies you (personal information) or allows Company to contact you to provide a service or carry out a transaction that you have requested. The personal information we collect may include your name, title, company or organization name, work e-mail, work phone, work or home address, information about your job function, information about your company, and credit card information.
The Site may also collect certain information about your visit, such as the name of the Internet service provider and the Internet Protocol (IP) address through which you access the Internet; the date and time you access the Site; the pages that you access while at the Site and the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to our site. This information is used to help improve the Site, analyze trends and administer the Site. Company may collect information about your hardware and software in order to provide a requested service. Company technical communities provide opportunities to interact with Company employees, experts, and your peers in order to share knowledge and news about Company products and related technologies. In order to avoid your e-mail address or other personal information from being gathered and used by others for inappropriate or harmful purposes, Company advises that you should be cautious about posting a real e-mail address or other personal information to newsgroups, chats, or other public forums.
Use of your Personal Information
Your personal information that is collected by Company may be used in the following ways:
- to operate the Site and to provide the service(s) or carry out the transaction(s) you have requested or authorized;
- to provide you with more effective customer service;
- to improve the Site
- to improve related Company products or services;
- to make the Site easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information, or by customizing the Site to your particular preference or interests;
- to provide you with a more consistent experience in your interactions with Company (information collected by Company.com may be combined with information collected by other Company services);
- to provide you with important information about the product or service that you are using, including critical updates and notifications;
- to provide you with information about other Company products and services; and
- to share information with Company partners so that they may send you information about their products and services.
- to share site-visitation data with anonymous demographic information for research purposes, thus providing more relevant content;
- with your approval, to combine site-visitation data with your personal information in order to provide you with personalized content (if you decline permission, Company will not provide you the personalized service and won’t merge your personal information with site-visitation data);
- to customize links or similar technologies to track e-mail links that you click when you sign up for a newsletter or agree to receive promotional e-mail;
- to associate that information with your personal information in order to provide you more focused e-mail communications or purchase information (each e-mail communication includes an unsubscribe link allowing you to stop delivery of that type of communication);
- to offer individuals the ability to publicly display certain personal information, such as for a Company partner who wishes to publish contact information as part of offering a business service (participation in such services is always optional);
- to provide limited services on our behalf by other companies, such as Web site hosting, packaging, mailing and delivering prizes, answering customer questions about products and services, and sending information about our products, special offers, and other services (only personal information they need to deliver the service will be provides to those companies, which information is required to be held in confidence and not used for any other purpose);
- to disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Company or the Site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Company and its family of Web sites; or (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Company employees or agents, users of Company products or services, or members of the public.
Personal information collected on the Site may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Company or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities, and by using the Site, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. Company abides by the safe harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Union.
Control of your Personal Information
Except as otherwise described in this statement, personal information you provide on the Site will not be shared outside of Company and its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates without your permission. As described below in the next section, you can access your personal information and make choices about how you wish to be contacted.
Please be aware that this privacy statement and any choices you make on the Site will not necessarily apply to personal information you may have provided to Company in the context of other, separately operated, Company products or services.
Some services offered on piccolawine.com may collect information that is not accessible via the Profile Center. However, in such cases, you can access your personal information by contacting piccolawine.com as described at the bottom of this statement, or through alternative means of access described by the service.
Security of your Personal Information
Company is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. Company uses a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, Company stores the personal information you provide on computer servers with limited access that are located in controlled facilities. Additionally, when Company transmits sensitive personal information (such as a credit card number) over the Internet, Company protects it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Protection of Children’s Personal Information
Company.com is a general audience site and does not knowingly collect any personal information from children.
Web beacons, or action tags, may be used to assist in delivering the cookie on the Site. This technology is a tool used to compile aggregated statistics about Company.com Web site usage, such as how many visitors clicked on key elements (such as links or graphics) on a Company.com Web page, blog or a newsletter. We may share aggregated site statistics with partner companies.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Site.
Enforcement of this Privacy Statement
If you have questions regarding this statement, you should contact Company.com.
Changes to this Statement
Company may occasionally update this privacy statement. For material changes to this privacy statement, Company will either notify you by placing a prominent notice on the home page of the Site or by directly sending you a notification. Company encourages you to periodically review this privacy statement to stay informed about how personal information is collected and protected. Your continued use of the service constitutes your agreement to this privacy statement and any updates.
Company welcomes your comments regarding this privacy statement. If you believe that Company has not adhered to this privacy statement, please contact us electronically or via postal mail at the address provided below, and Company will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.
[add Company contact information.]